The 2024 NFNL Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 fixture has been released.
The Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 season will commence on Good Friday, March 29th, as Greensborough host Eltham at Greensborough ar Memorial Park.
Both teams will then be part of the first complete round of the competition on Saturday, April 13th before each having a bye in Round 4.
Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 will again feature 10 sides, with Eltham replacing Whittlesea in the 2024 edition following their Division 2 premiership triumph this year.
There will be 18 home and away games in season 2024, with all teams to play each opponent at twice.
A top five finals campaign will occur at the conclusion of the regular season, with finals to commence on Saturday, August 31st and the Grand Final to be played on Saturday, September 21st.
Key features of the 2024 Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 fixture include:
• Greensborough to host Eltham on Good Friday at Greensborough War Memorial Park to kick off the 2024 season.
• North Heidelberg and Heidelberg to face off in Round 1 at Shelley Street Reserve for a Saturday twilight fixture.
• Eltham vs Hurstbridge play in our first Home game – Unfurling of 2023 Premiership Flags
• Traditional ANZAC clash between Eltham v Montmorency at Eltham Central Park on April 27th
• The Grand Final replay between Bundoora and Heidelberg to take place at Yulong Reserve in Round 5.
• Banyule and Eltham meeting for the first time since the 2022 Division 2 Grand Final in Round 6 at Beverley Road Oval.
• A Division 1 wide bye on the weekend of July 27.
Note 1: Due to re-development works at Warringal Park, Heidelberg will play their first five matches of the 2024 season away from their home ground. They will still complete the regular campaign with nine home and nine away games.
Note 2: As team nominations continue to come in for our senior women’s, under-19.5’s and junior football competitions, fixtures in those competitions will be released in 2024.
To view the fixtures online, please click here