After being a just a pipe dream for many years, exciting news is that the Eltham Club with the assistance of local Member Vicki Ward and Nillumbik Council has secured $800,000 from the State Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund towards a total Nillumbik Council $3.2 million redevelopment of the Central Park facilities for both sport and community use.
This upgrade at the current time is due to start in September this year, to finish in time for the 2019 Football season.
The works that will be done are as follows
- Demolition of the old change rooms and current Public toilets
- Replacement with a brand new facilities to be shared by Senior and Junior Football as well as cricket during the summer months
- Included in this new building will four new 28 sq metre changing rooms, which can be opened up to create large 58 sq. metre rooms
- The new rooms will now include the home change rooms (they are currently at the back of social rooms) as well as new visitor rooms
- New showers and toilet facilities for each change room
- Umpires change rooms
- NEW Large Gymnasium room with access to home change rooms.
- NEW Large First Aid and Trainers room as well as extra storage rooms
- New Can Bar
- New public toilets
- Total spend approx $1.1 million
Upgrades will also be done to the current Social Facilities
- Extension of Social Rooms out the front to add an extra 50% to the size (banquet seating capacity will now be around 160)
- Extension and Re-fit of Kiosk and Kitchen
- Total redesign and refit of toilets including disabled toilets
- The current change rooms and umpires facilities will be located in the new rooms and will now convert to offices, meeting rooms and storage
- Total spend approx $600,000
- A further spend of $700,000 will be for new car parking at rear of new change rooms as well as further extension of the current seating, terracing and spectator areas.
- Cost of consultants and contingencies for total project $700K. Total cost of all projects just over $3 million